Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

earth balance vegan cheddar flavor mac & cheese Review

Vegan Mac and Cheese in a box.

Am I dreaming?!! 
Nope, it's real! And where did I find it? On Walmart.com surprisingly! :D

It's no secret that earth balance came out with this gem a while back actually. But it was just too expensive in my opinion, so I set out to find the cheapest price online which led me to walmart.com . For only about $2 I was astonished! BANG added to cart!! Shipping made the entire price out to be $7. Yeah not so much of a steal now... But either way I bought it and it turned out to be the last in stock!!!!! OH YEEAAA! *Kool-Aid man voice* B-)

 A week later it was finally here. Behold:


"What's this?" -Navi.

I wanted to wait to try it with my boyfriend next time he came to town, but kept plum forgetting to buy the earth balance butter to go with the mac and cheese. On top of that, Tony didn't have any vegan milk when I finally did remember to bring it over. "Just use regular milk", suggested Tony. 
"No babe. Just no. What's the point of it being vegan mac and cheese then?!" I laughed and said.

I waited two months. 
Today, January 6th, 2016 I finally tried the mac and cheese. 

The instructions were simple just like the Kraft Mac and cheese. But the end result would be better! Because it was 100% plant-based and cruelty free!! *shed's tears of joy*


I boiled the pasta, drained it, added 2 Tablespoons of earth balance butter, and 4 Tablespoons of soy milk. I mixed and poured myself a steaming hot bowl...
It was not what I expected. 

The creaminess was there but the flavor just wasn't :( 
So by itself I would rate it 2/5 stars. 



Perhaps I got my hopes up too high. However, I was able to add my own flavors which in my opinion saved the dish. A dash of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder went in and boy did that make all the difference! Instantly this dish became 5/5 stars! :D But bottom line, would I buy this again?
No I don't think so. Unless the price went down to a solid $2. Until then I'll stick to the definite delicious mac and cheese recipe by The Vegan Zombie. 

What was your opinion of the earth balance cheddar flavor mac and cheese? Share your opinions down below please :)


No comments:

Post a Comment