Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Vegan Soft Pretzels with Cheddar cream cheese dip!

I had a craving for pretzels

But there's not one place near me that sells Vegan pretzels *sigh*. 
Lucky me however, I have no problem with making my own as I love to cook and bake!:) I looked up a recipe and found this one : Vegan Soft Pretzels . Thus my pretzel journey began.

The first few times I had attempted pretzels back in he day I failed miserably. My guess as to why they came out terribly was likely due to using old yeast. I remember I tried to give my dough an hour of rising time and yet my pretzels came out dry and dense. It was a disaster and I was afraid of failing again! But I carried on with this new recipe because the comments raved that this was the best pretzel recipe out there! 

 This was after the boiling water/baking soda soak.


And after 15 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit:


 Ta da!!!! :D

I even made a vegan cheese and cream cheese dip!!! (recipe below) They came out nice and golden on the outside with a soft fluffy inside. They were delicious! <3 



Vegan cheddar cheese and cream cheese dip

Makes 1 cup of dip

Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 c Daiya Cheddar cheese shreds
  • 1/2 c Soy Milk
  • pinch of salt 
  • pinch of ground black pepper 
  • pinch of mustard powder 
  • 1/4 t paprika 
  • 1/2 t garlic powder 
  • pinch of cayenne powder (more if you want a good kick)
  • 1 t Vegan Worcester sauce (be careful some contain fish)
  • 2 T of Daiya cream cheese 
Melt the cheese with the soy milk over low medium heat constantly stirring(for about 3-4 minutes). Once the cheese is completely melted lower the heat to low and add in all the spices and stir for another minute. Turn off the heat and stir in cream cheese until it dissolves in the cheese dip. Serve warm and enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment